- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 11 hours ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 20 hours ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 3 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 3 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 4 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 6 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 7 days ago
What’s Going On with the Marlins?
- Updated: April 27, 2012
The Marlins have dropped 5 straight games on the road. At this point, what could we look at that isn’t working how it’s suppose to.
The Offense: The 1-2-3 punch hasn’t been going to well for the Fish. Reyes, Bonifacio and Ramirez combine went (4 – 27) with 2 doubles and 14 strikeouts in the past 5 games on the road.
Giancarlo Stanton hasn’t play like many expected too. He’s hitting .246 with ZERO long balls, 5 RBI’s and 17
strikeouts. At this rate, many predicted that he would at least have 6 homers and 14 RBI’s.
1st baseman Gaby Sanchez is always hitting into double plays when runners in scoring position and John Buck is doing the same thing.
The Bullpen: The bullpen has giving up a lot of walks when the game is really close, that caused the marlins to lose most of the past 5 games.
The Coaching Staff: Yeah, Eduardo Perez is the son of baseball Hall of Famer Tony Pérez but, does he have enough experience at being a hitting coach? The team has been slumping lately, and if this continue, the Marlins should be in the look out for a new Hitting Coach.
Randy St. Claire was a member of the Braves 1991 and 1992 National League pennant-winning teams and was the pitching coach for the Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos for 7 years. The team fired him on June 2, 2009 and on June 27 same year the marlins hire him as their pitching coach.
I’ll say this was a really bad move, who hires a pitching coach after he’s fired almost a month ago. Well, I’d say we could stay with St.Claire this year because he has done a good job with the starter but he just needs to improve with the bullpen.
What else do think is not working for the Marlins? Comment Fish Fans!