- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 7 hours ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 16 hours ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 3 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 3 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 3 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 5 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 7 days ago
Tom Koehler’s Pitch for Relief Camp
- Updated: November 20, 2012
On Monday, October 29, 2012, Hurricane Sandy tore through the Eastern Seaboard of the United States destroying everything in sight. A way to help the cause Miami Marlins Pitcher Tom Koehler has decided to host a youth clinic to support Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Tom is from Rochelle, NY his hometown was a part of this devastation. There will be 2 locations for the camp: Marlins Park in Miami, FL and Joe Nathan Field at Stony Brook University in Long Island, NY.
The camp is Saturday, December 1 at 12pm.
Kids will learn baseball fundamentals from the pros. There will be several stations including pitching, hitting, fielding and base-running. A $50 registration fee will include a commemorative t-shirt and photo. Participants must be within 9 and 18 years of age. Registration will be on a first come, first served bases. Mr. Marlin (Jeff Conine) will be at the Miami location helping out as well.
Proceeds benefit the United Way of New York City Hurricane Sandy Recovery Fund
This camp is for a good cause to help those who lost everything. For more information you could go to the facebook page or on Twitter @Pitch4Relief you could also contact Tom Koehler himself for information through twitter @TKREFRESH22.
Be sure to register your child as soon as possible it will not only bring joy to your kids but you are helping others as well! Below are the links to register at the Stony Brook location or the Marlins Park location.
Pitch for Relief To register for the Stony Brook location, please go to: https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1324166-UpCVTRSOYp
Pitch for Relief To register for the Miami location, please go to: www.marlins.com/pitch4relief