- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 5 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 5 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 7 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 7 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 8 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 8 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 8 days ago
The New York Mets defeated the Miami Marlins 7 to 0
- Updated: March 8, 2012
The New York Mets defeated the Miami Marlins 7 to 0. Marlins starting pitcher Sean West had a horrible start. As Mets’ Justin Turner led the way going 3 for 3 with a solo homer and three runs batted in.
“Starting Pitchers” For the second time straight, two marlins starting pitcher struggles in less than 2 innings. Sean West allowed 3 runs on four
hits in 1 2/3 innings pitched. West didn’t have so much command today, he gave up 4 walks.
“Bullpen” The bullpen wasn’t so solid like yesterday’s lost, giving up four runs. But Tom Koehler had a great outing, he struck out 2 in 2 innings. Alejandro Ramos also had a great relief. He struck out the side in the 9th. Other than Koehler and Ramos the bullpen was pretty bad. Rob Rasmussen gave up 3 runs in 2 innings of relief. One of those runs was a solo shot by Justin Turner. Corey Madden also gave up a run in 0.2 innings.
“Offense Struggles” Also it’s the second time straight that the marlins offense don’t get more than 3 runs in the 2012 Spring Training. 2009 rookie of the year Chris Coghaln made his 2012 spring training debut by going 0 for 3 with two K’s. The marlins only had 4 hits in this game. Last year All-Star Gaby Sanchez went 0-2.
Note: All of these numbers are worth nothing.