- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 3 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 5 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 5 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 6 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 6 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 7 days ago
The Marlins Rally Early To Beat The Nats 3 to 1.
- Updated: March 27, 2012
The Miami Marlins beat the Washington Nationals 3 to 1 at Roger Dean Stadium.
The Marlins offense started out early in the 1st inning with an infield single by Jose Reyes, who later stole second during Hanley Rameriz’s at bat. Ramirez ended up getting a walk. Then, Gaby Sanchez hits a RBI single to score Reyes from 2nd base. Also, Austin Kearns who’s looking for a spot on the roster, was in this rally. He batted a 2 run double to left field to score Hanley Ramirez and Gaby Sanchez. All Marlins runs came in the 1st inning.
Ricky Nolasco got the ball for the fish and pitched 6 1/3 inning, 9 hits, 1 run, 0 walks and 4 struck outs.
J.D Martin, Steve Cishek, and Heath Bell were solid. They all had scoreless outings from the pen.
Next Game: The Marlins travel to Kissimmee to take on the Houston Astros. Carlos Zambrano will take the mound for the fish.
- The Marlins recently inquired on Orioles’ outfielder Nolan Reimold.
Reimold, 28, batted .247 with 13 homers in 267 at bats last year with the Baltimore Orioles.
- The Marlins rotation is set for the season:
Ricky Nolasco will pitch the 1st exhibition game at marlins Park on April 1st against the Yankees and Carlos Zambrano will start the second exhibition game versus New York.
Josh Johnson will be the opening night starter on April 4th against last year World Series Champions, the St. Louis Cardinals. Mark Buehrle will make his official debut as a Marlins on April 5th versus the Reds in Cincinnati.
Anibal Sanchez will make his start on April 9th due to an injury he got early this Spring.
Click here to read more about the Marlins rotation.