- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 5 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 6 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 6 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 7 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 8 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 8 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 9 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 9 days ago
Marlins Look to Return to the Win Column as they face the Nats
- Updated: April 21, 2012
The Marlins look to return to the win column when they face the Nationals for the second time in this series in Washington. First pitch is set at 1:05 ET at Nationals Park.
This game will definitively be a pitchers game. With two very good pitchers, who are going to start for each side. For the Marlins, Anibal Sanchez will be the starting pitcher. In his last outing, he struck out 7 but ended up getting the no-decision. The Nationals will go with the RHP Stephen Strasburg. He was very solid in his last start which was against the Houston Astros, he lasted 6 innings, allowed two runs on six hits, struck out five hitters and walked one.
In the last 5 years, Anibal Sanchez is 5-0 with an ERA of 1.92 and with 75 strike outs against the Nationals. While Strasburg is 2-1 with an ERA of 2.82 and with 24 strike outs in his career against the Marlins.
1. Reyes SS 1. Ian Desmond SS
2. Bonifacio 2B 2. Danny Espinosa 2B
3. Ramirez 3B 3. Ryan Zimmerman 3B
4. Morrison LF 4. Chad Tracy 1B
5. G. Sanchez 1B 5. Jayson Werth RF
6. Dobbs RF 6. Rick Ankiel CF
7. Buck C 7. Xavier Nady LF
8. Coghlan CF 8. Wilson Ramos C
9. A. Sanchez P 9. Strasburg P
Note: Omar Infante is still out with a left strain groin. As for Stanton, he will get the day off and will rest his knee.
Where to Watch: The game will be televise on Fox Sports Florida, but if you can’t watch it, hear it on the radio at WAXY 790, WAQI 710 (Spanish).