- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 14 hours ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 23 hours ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 3 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 3 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 4 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 6 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 7 days ago
The Marlins Look to Bounce Back in New York
- Updated: April 24, 2012
After having 2 days off, the Marlins look to get back on track against the New York Mets. They need a win after losing 2 straight games against the Nationals in Washington.
First pitch is set for 7:10 PM ET at Citi Field. Josh Johnson will be on the mound for Miami. In his last start, he ended up with a no-decision by striking out 3, walking 3 and gave up 2 earned runs in 7 innings against the Chicago Cubs. The Mets will go with the two-time Cy winner Johan Santana. He allowed 4 runs on 4 hits and 1 walk with no strikeouts in his last outing , which ended up in a loss
Josh Johnson is 6-1 with an ERA of 3.33 with 56 strikeouts in the last 5 years against the Mets. As for Santana, he’s 5-1 with a very good ERA of 1.45 and 62 strikeouts in the last 5 years against the Fish.
Marlins: Reyes SS, Bonifacio CF, Ramirez 3B, Morrison LF, Infante 2B, Stanton RF, Sanchez 1B, Buck C, Johnson P
Mets: Nieuwenhuis CF, Tejada SS, Murphy 2B, Wright 3B, Duda RF, Davis 1B, Baxter LF, Thole C, Santana P
Note: Omar Infante returns to the lineup after missing the whole entire series in Washington with a strain left groin.
The game will be televise on Fox Sports Florida, but if you can’t watch it, hear it on the radio at WAXY 790, WAQI 710 (Spanish).
This is the first time Jose Reyes will be in Citi Field with a Marlins jersey. How do you think the Mets fans will receive him? Please Comment!