- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 5 mins ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 1 day ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 2 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 2 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 3 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 5 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 6 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/5-5/11Posted 7 days ago
Stanton Plans to Play the Next Two Games and Participate in HR Derby
- Updated: July 6, 2012
Marlins’ lone All-Star Giancarlo Stanton was scratched out of the lineup on Tuesday with a sore right knee and would later take an MRI. The MRI revealed a “loose body” on his right knee.
Today, he did some fielding drills and had some batting practice at Busch Stadium to determine if he could play the next two games against the Cardinals, and participate in the Home Run Derby and play in the All-Star game at Kansas City.
Marlins’ manager Ozzie Guillen expects him to play tomorrow. Also, Stanton plans to play the next two games and be in the Home Run Derby.