- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 1 day ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 5 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 5 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 6 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 7 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 7 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 8 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 8 days ago
Ruggiano’s shoulder injury; Marlins return to five-man rotation
- Updated: September 22, 2012
Marlins outfielder Justin Ruggiano left last night ball game due to a right shoulder sprain after trying to make a diving catch for a ball.
Justin Ruggiano’s date of return is still unknown but the doctors told Ruggiano that he should rest for 24-48 hours before he resumed to baseball activities.
Ruggiano joins Giancarlo Stanton (side strain) and Austin Kearns (back) who have been injured.
The Marlins have recalled Scott Cousins to add depth to the lineup.
- Marlins return to five-man rotation
The Marlins have return to a five-man rotation after going with a six-man rotation a few weeks.
Via Marlins.com: ”For me, it was for the rest period,” pitching coach Randy St. Claire said. “Pitching once every eight days or every seven days, it was hard to stay sharp.”
Ricky Nolasco will start the series finale on Sunday. Later on Tuesday, Nathan Eovaldi will be on the hill. Johnson gets the call to start on Wednesday and Jacob Turner on Thursday.