- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 5 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 5 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 6 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 7 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 7 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 8 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 8 days ago
Recap: Mets at Marlins game 2
- Updated: September 2, 2012
This season continues to be hard on Josh Johnson. The Marlins lose Game 2 of this series despite a great showing by Johnson, who only allowed 1 run and 3 hits over 8 innings.
The fish only managed a few runs off Mets pitchers Jeremy Hefner and Ramon Ramirez, which proved to be enough until the 9th. The first run came in the 3rd inning with Bryan Petersen bringing Donovan Solano in with a double. After that was, an infield single by Giancarlo Stanton drove in Jose Reyes in the 6th and another single by Carlos Lee brought Reyes across the plate for a second time in the 8th.
The Mets only had one run in the 5th while Johnson was on the mound, which came off a groundout to Reyes by Josh Thole that pushed Mike Baxter across home plate. Steve Cishek came in to close in the 9th and struggled with the first 5 Mets at bat, but managed to get 2 outs. He then walked Andres Torres on a controversial call which would load the bases.
Kelly Shoppac would then come up to the plate and hit a line drive up the middle that got past Justin Ruggiano in center field which would clear the bases. Heath Bell was called in to finish the inning but the damage was already done. Mets win this one 5-3.