- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 1 day ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 4 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 5 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 6 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 7 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 7 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 8 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 8 days ago
Recap: Marlins vs Mets Game 2
- Updated: October 2, 2012
The boys at Marlins park denied R.A. Dickey a win with unusual bat activity against the knuckleballer.
Dickey gave up home runs to Gorkys Hernandez in the 4th and Rob Brantly in the 5th. The Fish then scored a 3rd run in the 6th off a single by Carlos Lee that scored Jose Reyes from 3rd base.
Things got complicated after that when Heath Bell came in the 8th to relieve Mike Dunn. He came in with 2 outs but couldn’t get the job done and allowed 3 runs to tie the game up. He left the mound to jeers by Marlins fans and was replaced by AJ Ramos who finished the inning.
The game stayed tied until the 11th when Donovan Solano hit a walkoff single that allowed Reyes to score. It was an important clutch moment for Solano who had struck out 4 times in the game prior to that.