- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 21 hours ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 2 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 2 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 3 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 5 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 6 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/5-5/11Posted 6 days ago
- Coghlan is getting use to the pinch-hitter rolePosted 7 days ago
Recap: Marlins vs Mets Game 1
- Updated: October 2, 2012
The Fish come back to win this game 3-2 in late innings against the Mets at Marlins Park.
Starter Wade Leblanc put in some good work, only allowing 7 hits and an unearned run in the 5th inning to off a David Wright single to center that scored Ronny Cedeno. The next and last New York run came off Marlins reliever Tom Koehler the following inning.
Fortunately the Marlins started a rally in the 6th that was sparked by a home run to center by Giancarlo Stanton. Jose Reyes hit a sac fly to bring in Austin Kearns in the 7th and in the 8th Rob Brantly hit a deep double to push Carlos Lee across the plate from second.
Steve Cishek held the Mets off in the 9th to hold on to the win.
This home run was the Stantons 37th of the season, second in the NL to Ryan Brauns 41. It’s also the 3rd homer in 4 games since coming back from a 9 game absence. Gorkys Hernandez also had a good game, batting 3 for 3.