- Series Preview: Marlins @ DiamondbacksPosted 21 hours ago
- Revitalized Marlins offense win series against Cards at home.Posted 22 hours ago
- Help Send Stanton to the Home Run DerbyPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs CardinalsPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins reinstate Giancarlo Stanton from DLPosted 8 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs BrewersPosted 8 days ago
- Marlins Minor League Player of the Week 6/2-6/8Posted 8 days ago
- LeBlanc designated for assignment; Edgar Olmos recalledPosted 15 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ PhilliesPosted 15 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/26-6/1Posted 15 days ago
Recap: Marlins @ Nationals Game 2
- Updated: September 9, 2012
The Washington Nationals defeated the Miami Marlins 7 to 6 in the tenth inning.
In the first inning, Gorkys Hernandez gave the Marlins the one to nothing lead with a solo home run to left center field. Two batters later, Giancarlo Stanton expands the lead to two as he belts a solo homer to left field.
Mark Buehrle started the game for Miami. He tossed seven innings and he gave up three runs -all earned-, two runs came via home run. Also, Buehrle struck out five batters and walked two.
The Marlins scored a pair of runs in the top of fifth. One run came in because of an fielding error by Adam LaRoche and the other was thanks to a RBI single from John Buck, Carlos Lee would score.
So after five innings, the Marlins were beating the Nationals five to three.
The Marlins, once again, would score a run because of an error, this time by third baseman Ryan Zimmerman.
Meanwhile, the Nationals scored a pair of runs in the eighth and would tie up the game to six in the ninth as Jayson Werth belts a solo homer and Heath Bell blew the save.
Eventually, Washington went on and won the game in the tenth as Corey Brown hit the walk-off single to right, Ian Desmond scored the winning run.