- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 13 hours ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 17 hours ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 2 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 2 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 4 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 4 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 5 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 5 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 6 days ago
Recap: Marlins @ Mets Game 2
- Updated: September 22, 2012
John Buck’s 3-run homer in the ninth wasn’t enough to beat the Mets as the Marlins fall 4 to 3.
Mark Buehrle started the game for the Miami Marlins. Buehrle tossed six innings and gave up four runs (all earned) with three walks and three strikeouts.
On the other hand, R.A Dickey threw a gem until the ninth when he allowed two runs. Anyway, Dickey went eight innings and as we told you before he allowed two runs. He also struck out four and walked two.
Jason Bay put the Mets on the board early as he belted a two-run homer to center field. Later in the fourth, Scott Hairston homered on a fly ball to center field. In the fifth, Daniel Murphy reached on a fielder’s choice, Josh Thole would score from third.
The Marlins were about to get shutout by Dickey but John Buck came in and launched a three-run homer to left field. Unfortunately, that wasn’t enough for the Marlins to win as they were a run shy of tying the ball game.
The New York Mets defeated the Miami Marlins four to three at Citi Field.
Next Game: Ricky Nolasco (12-12) will take the ball in the series finale in New York. While Chris Young (4-8) will start for the Mets.
Join us at the Clevelander tomorrow at 1:10 PM ET at Marlins Park as we watch the Marlins while their away! There will also be giveaway, football & more!