- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 5 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 5 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 6 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 7 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 7 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 8 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 8 days ago
Recap: Marlins 2 Yankees 5
- Updated: April 3, 2012
32,005 watched the second exhibition game of the Marlins vs Yankees at Marlins Park, which the Marlins dropped 2-5.
Carlos Zambrano took the mound for the Marlins in this one. He looked sharp early on, but was plauged by wildness in the 3rd. He allowed 2 runs, one of them coming on a bases loaded walk to Robinson Cano. He escaped a high walk inning with minimal damage (considering it was the Yankees). Zambrano finished the game with 3 strike outs, 7 walks, 4 hits and 5 earn runs in 4 innings of pitch. Big Z ended up 0-3 with an ERA 6.23 in 6 game started in the Spring Training.
Giancarlo Stanton and Logan Morrison flashed some leather in this one. Both Marlin outfielers made magnificent catches in this game. Despite both of them missing most of the spring, they look 100% going into the season.
The Marlins 1-2-3 punch at the top of the order are showing early signs of success. In the first, Jose Reyes led off with a double down the left field line. Up next, Bonifacio moved Jose over to 3rd with a ground ball to the right side. Hanley Ramirez then singled in Reyes to give the Fish an early 1-0 lead.
In the fourth, Logan Morrison hit a sharp double to center. All-Star first baseman Gaby Sanchez singled to right and Morrison scored on a misscue by Yankee right fielder Nick Swisher.
2 runs wasn’t enough for the Marlins to beat the Yankees, the final score was 2-5.
Next Game: The Marlins have finished there Spring Training and there ready to start the new season. They will face on Opening Night, the recent World Series Champions the St. Louis Cardinals at Marlins Park on April 4th at 7:05 pm. The Marlins will go with Josh Johnson to get the big start, while he faces Kyle Lohse and the Cardinals.
Probable Lineups for Opening Night
- Jose Reyes SS
- Emilio Bonifacio CF
- Hanley Ramirez 3B
- Giancarlo Stanton RF
- Logan Morrison LF
- Gaby Sanchez 1B
- John Buck C
- Omar Infante 2B
- Josh Johnson P
- Rafael Furcal SS
- Carlos Beltran RF
- Matt Holliday LF
- Lance Berkman 1B
- David Freese 3B
- Jon Jay CF
- Yadier Monlina C
- Daniel Descalo 2B
- Kyle Lohse P