- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 15 hours ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 1 day ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 1 day ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 3 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 5 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/5-5/11Posted 5 days ago
- Coghlan is getting use to the pinch-hitter rolePosted 6 days ago
- Slowey’s rough outing leads Dodger to 7-1 winPosted 6 days ago
- Ozzie Guillen’s Marlins Saga ContinuesPosted 6 days ago
Preview: Marlins vs. Phillies Game 3
- Updated: September 30, 2012
A win today over the Phillies would give the Marlins the series victory.
Nathan Eovaldi (3-6) will take the mound for the Marlins. Eovaldi has pitched well in his last two games, both against the Braves. The eight strikeouts in his last game was a career best. Eovaldi is 0-3 against the Phillies this season in three starts (including a game when he was Dodger). Eovaldi hasn’t given up more than three runs in a game at Marlins Park this year.
Lefty Cole Hamels (16-6) will start for the Phillies. Hamels win last time out, against the Nationals, gave him a career best 16 wins in a season. Hamels is 1-3 against the Marlins this year in four starts. The lone win was a complete game shutout on August 13. Hamels has a 7-10 record in his career over the Marlins.
Notes: Jose Reyes is hitting .486 off of Hamels in the last three seasons.
1) Petersen LF
2) Hernandez CF
3) Reyes SS
4) Stanton RF
5) Lee 1B
6) Solano 2B
7) Buck C
8) Velazquez 3B
9) Eovaldi P