- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 16 hours ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 1 day ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 3 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 3 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 4 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 6 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 7 days ago
Preview: Marlins vs. Phillies Game 2
- Updated: September 29, 2012
The Marlins will be looking to start a win streak to finish the season after struggling in recently. Last Night’s 2-1 victory over the Phillies was the Marlins first win in nine games.
Ricky Nolasco (12-12) will take the mound for the Marlins. Nolasco is 8-4 in his career against the Phillies and has beaten them twice in two starts this year. In his last start Nolasco pitched well against the Mets giving up two runs over seven innings in a no decision.
Roy Halladay (10-8) will start for the Phillies. In his last start Halladay got peppered for seven runs as he lasted just 1 2/3 innings. Halladay is 2-1 in three games against the Marlins this year. Halladay’s 4.40 ERA this season is his highest since 2000.
Notes: Greg Dobbs is 8 for 15 lifetime against Halladay and Jose Reyes has a .351 career average against Halladay.
1) Petersen CF
2) Solano 2B
3) Reyes SS
4) Stanton RF
5) Lee 1B
6) Dobbs LF
7) Brantly C
8) Velaquez 3B
9) Nolasco P