- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 1 day ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 2 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 3 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 5 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 5 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 5 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 6 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 7 days ago
Preview: Marlins vs Mets Game 3
- Updated: October 3, 2012
A win today would see the Marlins finish the season with a sweep over the Mets.
Tom Koehler (0-0) will make his first big league start for the Marlins. Koehler was called up to the majors in September and has made seven appearances as a reliever. Koehler pitched 2/3′s of an inning on Monday and gave up three hits and an earned run. Koehler was 12-11 with a 4.17 for AAA New Orleans this season. Koehler has 10 strikeouts in the 8 1/3 innings he has pitched in the majors so far.
Jeremy Hefner (3-7) will take the mound for the Mets. Hefner has a 3-6 and a 5.66 ERA in 12 starts. Hefner has two appearances against the Marlins this year, one a start in which he gave up two earned runs over six innings. In his last start, against the Pirates, Hefner pitched seven scoreless innings and earned his first victory in 10 appearances.
1) Petersen LF
2) Hernandez CF
3) Reyes SS
4) Stanton RF
5) Lee 1B
6) Solano 2B
7) Buck C
8) Velazquez 3B
9) Koehler P