- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 44 mins ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 1 day ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 2 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 2 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 3 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 5 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 6 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/5-5/11Posted 7 days ago
Preview: Marlins vs. Mets Game 1
- Updated: September 21, 2012
The New York Mets will come to town for a three game series starting tonight. A win would put Miami a half a game ahead of the Mets in the NL East standings.
Jacob Turner (1-2) will take the mound for the Marlins. In his start start, Turner was on fire earning his win for the Marlins. Turner allowed just two hits over seven innings and didn’t surrender a run. Turner has a 3.75 ERA , has issued three walks and struck out 17 in Marlins career.
Jon Niese (11-9) will start for the Mets. Niese has been pitching well lately and has logged six straight quality starts. In his last start, against the Brewers, Niese gave up two runs over six innings earning the win. Niese has however struggled against the Marlins, with a 1-5 record in his career.
1) Hernandez CF
2) Solano 2B
3) Reyes SS
4) Lee 1B
5) Ruggiano LF
6) Kearns RF
7) Brantly C
8) Velazquez 3B
9) Turner P