- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 5 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 5 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 7 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 7 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 8 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 8 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 8 days ago
Preview: Marlins vs Mets Game 1
- Updated: October 1, 2012
The Marlins kick off their final series of the year tonight against the Mets.
Lefty Wade LeBlanc (2-5) will start for Josh Johnson who is being shut down for the year. LeBlanc had a bad September giving up 15 earned runs over 16 1/3 innings. LeBlanc’s ERA as a starter is 4.68 compared to 2.53 as a reliever. In his last start LeBlanc gave up six runs over four innings against the Braves. LeBlanc has pitched six innings against the Braves this year and has given up two earned runs.
Jeurys Familia (0-0) will start for the Mets. It will be his first start in the in the Major Leagues. In seven bullpen outings, Familia has given up a total of eight earned runs over 8 1/3 innings. Familia had a 4.73 ERA in the minors this year.
1) Petersen LF
2) Hernandez CF
3) Reyes SS
4) Stanton RF
5) Lee 1B
6) Brantly C
7) Solano 2B
8) Velazquez 3B
9) LeBlanc P