- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 hours ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 22 hours ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 1 day ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 2 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 4 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 5 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/5-5/11Posted 6 days ago
- Coghlan is getting use to the pinch-hitter rolePosted 6 days ago
Preview: Marlins vs. Braves Game 3
- Updated: September 19, 2012
The Marlins will be aiming to win the series tonight after last night’s 10 innings victory over the Braves.
Josh Johnson (8-12) will take the mound for the Marlins. Johnson has pitched well in his career against the Braves. His career ERA against the Braves is 2.17. Johnson has faced the Braves twice this year and has a stat line of 13 2/3 innings, two runs and 18 strikeouts. In his last start, Johnson gave up three runs over seven innings but took the loss. Johnson has already issues a career his 78 runs on the season.
Kris Medlen (8-1) will take the mound for the Braves. The Braves have won 20 consecutive games that Medlen has started. Medlen started against the Marlins on July 31 taking the win in a one run, five inning effort. In his last start, against the Nationals, Medlen pitched well but took a no decision giving up one run over seven innings.
1) Petersen LF
2) Hernandez CF
3) Reyes SS
4) Lee 1B
5) Dobbs 3B
6) Ruggiano RF
7) Brantly C
8) Solano 2B
9) Johnson P