- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 5 hours ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 14 hours ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 3 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 3 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 3 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 5 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 6 days ago
Preview: Marlins @ Mets Game 3
- Updated: September 23, 2012
The Marlins will be looking to avoid a sweep at Citi Field this afternoon after losing the first two games of the series to the Mets.
Ricky Nolasco (12-12) will take the mound for the Marlins. Nolasco has been pitching well of late and is 3-0 in his last four starts. Last time out Nolasco gave up three runs over five innings against the Reds. Nolasco has struggled in his career against the Mets. His career ERA against the Mets 5.28.
Chris Young (4-8) will start for the Mets. In his last start Young gave up three solo home runs in a loss to the Brewers. Young has a good record against the Marlins; He has a 3-1 record to go with a 2.86 ERA. Young has a 2.79 ERA in Day Games compared to 5.32 ERA in night games.
Note: David Wright has a career batting average of .400 against Nolasco.
1) Petersen LF
2) Hernandez CF
3) Reyes SS
4) Lee 1B
5) Dobbs RF
6) Solano 2B
7) Brantly C
8) Velazquez 3B
9) Nolasco P