- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 5 hours ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 1 day ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 2 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 2 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 3 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 5 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 6 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/5-5/11Posted 7 days ago
Preview: Marlins @ Braves Game 3
- Updated: September 27, 2012
The Marlins will play their final road game of 2012 today and will be looking to avoid a sweep against the Braves. A loss would bring the total defeats on the road to 50 for the season.
Jacob Tuner (1-3) will take the mound for the Marlins. Turner took the loss in his last start giving up six runs (three earned) over five innings. Turner’s sole win for the Marlins came when he beat the Reds pitching seven scoreless innings on September 14.
Tommy Hanson (12-9) will get the start for the Braves. Hanson may be relieved to see the Marlins. He hasn’t won a game since he beat the Marlins July 30, which was eight starts ago. Hanson is 2-0 in two games against the Marlins this year. In his career against the Marlins Hanson is 7-2 with a 2.44 ERA.
Note: Jose Reyes and Carlos Lee have a career batting average of .444 (Both are 8 for 18) against Tommy Hanson. Reyes has also managed to steal eight bags against Hanson.
1) Petersen LF
2) Hernandez CF
3) Reyes SS
4) Lee 1B
5) Brantly C
6) Solano 2B
7) Cousins RF
8) Velazquez 3B
9) Turner P