- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 7 hours ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 1 day ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 2 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 2 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 3 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 5 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 6 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/5-5/11Posted 7 days ago
Marlins Vs Dodgers game 1 of 3 8/24/12
- Updated: August 24, 2012
There couldn’t be a more fitting story today in baseball even if i wrote it myself.
Today the Miami Marlins travel to LA to play the Dodgers in game 1 of 3. It could not be more fitting than to have Pitcher Nathan Eovaldi A former Dodger who was traded for a Struggling Hanley Ramirez face his old team.
On the mound for the Dodgers is Chad Billingsley who has allowed just 6 runs over 41 2/3 innings since the all star break.
The Marlins look to hand Billingsley his 10th loss and get Eovaldi his 5th win on the bats of Giancarlo Stanton and Jose Reyes.
Giancarlo Stanton has hit 13 home runs in 27 games VS NL west teams batting .324 over the past 10 games with 5 home runs and 11 RBI’s. Jose Reyes is batting .286 over the past 10 games. Donovan Solano has also been a huge spark in the Marlins order batting .364 in his past 10 games and has a 7 game hitting streak going into todays game.
The Dodgers are coming off of a devestating sweep at home in the hands of the Giants. If they plan on winning any more games they need Matt Kemp to show up to the game, and that doesnt mean putting on a uniform and taking the field hitting .179 in his past 10 games.
Matt Kemp is just 2 for 25 in his past 7 games and 7 for 36 in the past 10, this is not going to get it done in the bigs.Andre Ethier has not been very productive as of late going 8 for 39 in the past 10 games and batting just .205. These are not the numbers of star players.
The Dodgers are 2 1/2 games back for the divisional lead that the Giants gained by sweeping the Dodgers at home.