- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 3 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 5 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 5 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 6 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 6 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 7 days ago
Marlins VS Dbacks Game #2 preview 8/21/12
- Updated: August 21, 2012
Today the D-Backs hope to erase last nights game from their memory… Today they hope to do that with Starting pitcher Trevor Cahill (9-10 3.75ERA) and the Marlins look to counter that move with Big Ricky Nolasco (9-12 4.94ERA).
But if the D-Backs want to win this ball game they may want to consider not pitching to Giancarlo Stanton and Jose Reyes. Reyes was 4 for 5 last night with 3 doubles & the Man child known as Stanton had 2 massive homeruns and 4 RBI’s.
If the Marlins want to win this game Nolasco has to pound the zone down and inside tonight and pitch around Jason Kubel. The D-backs want to jump out to an early lead and force Ozzie Guillen to go to the bullpen early.
Ozzie did the best thing he could have done all year and that was to place Justin Ruggiano behind Stanton in the line up. With Ruggiano batting .333 on the season you don’t really want to walk Stanton to get to someone who has a higher AVG. But Gibson just might take that approach tonight and roll the dice.
TRADE/MOVES: The D-backs make a few roster changes in the past 24 hours, one move was to trade Stephen Drew to the Athletics for a farm short stop named Sean Jamieson and to unload on some $ owed to Drew. I have got to meet Drew personally while on his rehab in Reno and I wish him the very best on his future in the Biggs, there isn’t a classier guy and better teammate than Drew.
The D-backs also call on southpaw Tyler Skaggs to come pitch Game 2 of Wednesday’s double header. Skaggs is the #2 pitching prospect for the Dbacks right now and some would argue that he is #1. Skaggs has great movement on his pitches & is a great kid. Skaggs has a 2.91 ERA and is 4-2 in the PCL this year, he was acquired from the Angels in the Dan Haren deal that also brought young gunner Corbin and Saunders to the D-backs.
The Marlins hand the ball to Jacob Turner their #1 pitching prospect that they received in a recent trade to face Wade Miley in game 1 of the double header tomorrow.
On behalf of the Marlins and the D-backs I would like to send thoughts and prayers to Michael Weiner the MLB players union Chief who is undergoing treatment for a brain tumor, We all wish you well and a speedy recovery! God Bless.
Author: Nick Crawford SR
Follow me on twitter for all your D-backs/Marlins needs @donkeypuncher74