- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 18 hours ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 2 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 2 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 2 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 4 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 6 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/5-5/11Posted 6 days ago
- Coghlan is getting use to the pinch-hitter rolePosted 7 days ago
Recap: Marlins vs Braves Game 1
- Updated: September 18, 2012
The Marlins kick off a 3 game series with the Atlanta Braves at home with South Paw Wade LeBlanc on the mound against Tim Hudson of the Braves.
LeBlanc would have a rough start giving up 4 runs on 3 singles and a home run by former Marlin Dan Uggla.
The scoring would continue for the Braves in the 4th when LeBlanc walks Uggla, David Ross singles to left field and Jeff Baker with a RBI single. Hudsonwould help himself out with a RBI to make it 6-0.
The Marlins would get things going in the 4th with a single by Justin Ruggiano, Donovan Solano single, and a RBI single by Robert Brantly to make it 6-1.
Bryan Petersen would hit a 2 run triple to deep right center to make it a 6-3 ballgame. Gorkys Hernandez would have his 3rd hit of the night for a triple to center field to score Petersen to make it a 4 run inning for the Marlins.
In the 7th the Marlins would score another run on a Jose Reyes Double and Carlos Lee RBI single to make it a 1 run ball game.
The game would end with a score of 7-5 with the fish leaving 9 guys left on base. Wade LeBlanc would get the loss going just 4 innings giving up 6 runs on 7 hits and drop his record to 2-5.
My game ball goes to Gorkys Hernandez who would go 3 for 5 with 1 RBI and finish a home run shy of the cycle.
Honorable Mention: Robert Brantly goes 3 for 4 with a RBI. If we gave game balls to the other team it would go to Martin Prado who went 4 for 4 with 2 RBI’s on the night.
Tomorrow’s game will feature Nathan Eovaldi 4-12, 4.71 ERA against Paul Maholm 12-10, 3.90. Eovaldi had 2 short outings in his last 2 games going for a combined 9 innings giving up 7 runs on 14 hits the Marlins need 6 1/2-7 strong innings for the Marlins tomorrow. Giancarlo Stanton who sat out of today’s game with a sore side will likely return tomorrow.
Author: Nick Crawford SR Follow me on Twitter @donkeypuncher74 for all your Marlins Recaps