- Series Preview: Marlins @ DiamondbacksPosted 2 days ago
- Revitalized Marlins offense win series against Cards at home.Posted 2 days ago
- Help Send Stanton to the Home Run DerbyPosted 6 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs CardinalsPosted 6 days ago
- Marlins reinstate Giancarlo Stanton from DLPosted 10 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs BrewersPosted 10 days ago
- Marlins Minor League Player of the Week 6/2-6/8Posted 10 days ago
- LeBlanc designated for assignment; Edgar Olmos recalledPosted 17 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ PhilliesPosted 17 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/26-6/1Posted 17 days ago
Marlins sign Jon Rauch; Designate Bryan Petersen for assignment
- Updated: February 6, 2013
The Miami Marlins have agreed to terms with right handed reliever Jon Rauch, on a one-year contract worth about $1 million. The 34-year-old is currently the tallest player in the MLB, standing at 6’11’’.
In order to accommodate the signing, Miami has designated OF Bryan Peterson for assignment. The 26-year-old appeared in 85 games for the Marlins last year at all three outfield positions, posting a .195/.272/.257 batting line across 273 plate appearances.
In 73 games for the 2012 New York Mets, Rauch posted a 3.59 ERA and a 6.6 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9 ratio, across 57 2/3 innings. He earned around $3.5million last year with the Mets.
Miami continues to be active in seeking cheap players, both veteran and prospects, in the past few months. They recently claimed Sam Dyson off waivers from Toronto, and was rumoured to be interested in free agent right hander Jose Valverde. Other potential targets include free agents Francisco Rodriguez and Brian Wilson.