- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 14 hours ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 23 hours ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 3 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 3 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 4 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 6 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 7 days ago
Marlins sign Adam Greenberg to a one-day contract (One At Bat)
- Updated: September 27, 2012
Many of you guys may not remember but back in July 9th, 2005, at Pro Player Stadium (Dolphins Stadium now), Marlins reliever Valerio de los Santos beaned Adam Greenberg on the head on his very first at-bat in the Major Leagues. Greenberg suffered a mild concussion as a result of the beaning, and was immediately removed from the game and he has never played in the Major Leagues since.
Now seven years later, thanks to a fan a fan-led petition started by Matt Liston (documentary filmmaker) the Marlins (the team who he was playing against when he got beaned) has signed him to a one-day contract.
Today, on the “Today Show” Miami Marlins president David Sampson announced that he offered Greenberg a one-day contract to play on October 2, 2012 against the New York Mets.
Adam Greenberg will get his “One At-Bat” against Mets’ knuckleballer R.A Dickey. So what are you waiting for? Buy your ticket to see Adam Greenberg get his one at-bat at Marlins Park!