- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 21 hours ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 4 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 4 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 6 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 6 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 7 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 7 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 7 days ago
Marlins released OF Rowand
- Updated: March 29, 2012
An RBI single by Brett Hayes, a single to left of Hanley Ramirez cause an error by Cardinals’ left fielder Erik Komatsu to let Chris Coghlan score from 1st base and a solo home run by Daniel Pertusati (marlins minor leaguer ) was enough to beat the St.Louis Cardinals 3 to 1.
- The Marlins released out fielder Aaron Rowand and could possibly retire if he doesn’t find a job. Also, the Marlins optioned Bryan Petersen to AAA New Orleans.
Re-assigned non-roster invitee right-hander J.D. Martin and non-roster invitee infielder Nick Green to Minor League camp.
Austin Kearns and Chris Coghlan will likely make the Opening Night roster.
- Jose Ceda will undergo Tommy John surgery on April 3 after being diagnosed with an elbow sprain according to Juan C. Rodriguez of the Sun Sentinel.[blackbirdpie url="https://twitter.com/#!/JCRMarlinsbeat/status/185458640805826560"]Jose Ceda, 25, gave up 6 hits in 7.1 innings this spring. Also had an ERA of 1.23 with 8 struck outs and 2 walks in 5 games.
- Juan C. Rodriguez also reports that Giancarlo Stanton and Logan Morrison are both expected to play Friday night against the Washington Nationals in Viera, Florida.[blackbirdpie url="https://twitter.com/#!/JCRMarlinsbeat/status/185464758353412097"]Stanton felt pain on his left knee, which has bothered him since mid-March. While Morrison was also feeling pain but on his right knee because of a surgery in his right knee in early December.Thanks For Reading Marlins fans! Remember to Like Us On Facebook Marlins Nation and Follow Our Official Twitter @Marlins_Nation!