- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 9 hours ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 4 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 4 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 6 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 6 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 7 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 7 days ago
Marlins Notes: Pavano, Center Field, Ruggiano
- Updated: November 29, 2012
Via Joe Cappozi: Caught up earlier this afternoon with pitcher Carl Pavano, who said he’d love to return to the Marlins in 2013.
Pavano’s agent has been talking with the Marlins and plans to talk with them again during the winter meetings. Pavano, who turns 37 in January, was 2-5 record with 6.00 ERA in just 11 starts with the Twins last season. The right hander was shut down in August due to a MRI that showed a bruise on his humerus bone.
- The Marlins are looking for a center fielder, reports Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports.
Justin Ruggiano, who was a major surprise for the Fish last season, replied back to Rosenthal saying that there is no need for center fielder, “I got this.”
Bourjos, 25, hit .220/.291/.315 with 3 homers and 19 RBI’s in 101 games with the Angels last season. McLouth, 31, batted .241/.314/.380 with 7 homers and 20 RBI’s in 89 games with the Pirates and the Orioles.
Ruggiano, hit .313/.374/.535 with 3 homer runs and 36 RBI’s and 14 stolen bases in 91 games with the Marlins.