- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 7 hours ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 16 hours ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 3 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 3 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 3 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 6 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 7 days ago
Marlins Nation readers predict team will win 59 or less games
- Updated: April 16, 2013
Marlins Nation readers have voted. The poll, which opened a day before the season began, was based on how many games will the 2013 Miami Marlins will win. 42% of our readers voted that the ball club will win 59 or less games, which came in first place. 33% went with the 69-60 mark while the 15% voted for 79-70 wins. Only 7% went with the 100-90 record but the least votes were for the 89-90 mark with 3%.
The Marlins are off to a horrible start as they have the worst record in the majors (2-11). The team is posting a league worst .203/.274/.262 batting line and is ranked last in the majors in runs (23), homers (2) and on-base percentage (.536) through 13 games. However, the pitching is ranked in the top 15 in a few stats which are earned runs with 53 (10th), runs 56 (12th), walks 42 (10th). Meanwhile, they’re 18th in ERA with a 4.21 and tied in 5th in quality starts with 6 (although 13 teams including the Fish are tied with six).
In my opinion, Miami will eventually snap this early struggle and will win somewhere around 68-76 wins. To be specific, 74-88 record. Giancarlo Stanton has yet to hit a home run; Logan Morrison will return in July and Christian Yelich will be called up. Those are some things we are looking forward to. As of right now, things are clearly going in the other direction. The team is figuring out how to overcome their struggles, and hopefully things will turn around and they’ll be experiencing a winning streak.