- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 1 hour ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 5 hours ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 1 day ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 1 day ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 3 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 4 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 4 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 5 days ago
Marlins Make a Great Comeback, Lose 13-12 to Brewers in Extras
- Updated: July 4, 2012
The Marlins Make a Great Comeback but the Pitching Just Didn’t Help Enough as They Lost 13 to 12 in Extras.
The Marlins were down seven runs in the sixth inning as they manage to tie it up in eighth with back-to-back homers by John Buck and Scott Cousins and with a sac fly by Gregg Dobbs that scored Jose Reyes from 3rd base.
Jose Reyes gave Miami the lead in the 10th as he jacked his 3rd home run of the season to center field.
Heath Bell came in to try to close the door and give Miami a great victory, instead he gives up a walk-off 2-run shot by Aramis Ramirez and the Milwaukee Brewers would leave the Fish on the field.
Via Marlins.com: ”That was a very [terrible] big league baseball game,” Guillen said. “Both sides. The only good thing about it, for them, is they win it. Very bad. Bad pitching. … Errors all over the place. We finished off the game the way we started, very bad.”
But you can’t put all the blame to Heath Bell as Anibal Sanchez didn’t have a good outing as he gave up 5 earned runs. Also, Gaudin and Webb combine gave up 5 runs but for Gaudin those weren’t earn runs.
Miami’s offense is finally hitting as they connected 5 homers (Logan Morrison, Justin Ruggiano, John Buck, Scott Cousins and Jose Reyes) but sadly they got the loss.
Next Game: Josh Johnson will be on the hill on Wednesday as he faces Randy Wolf and the Brewers at 4:10 pm ET.