- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 13 hours ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 22 hours ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 3 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 3 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 4 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 6 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 7 days ago
Marlins look to stay hot in June
- Updated: June 1, 2012
After a great month of May, the Miami Marlins look to keep on winning as they are half a game back from the first place team, the Washington Nationals.
Tonight, the Fish take on the Philadelphia Phillies at Citizen Bank Ballpark at 7:05 PM ET. Mark Buehrle (5-4) takes the mound for the Marlins. He won 4 of 5 starts in May after going 1-4 in April. He will try to continue to pitch like he did in May.
As for the Phillies, Kyle Kendrick (1-4) will be on the hill tonight. He’s coming off his best start of the season as he threw a shutout on 7 hits with no batters walked.
Marlins: Reyes SS Infante 2B Ramirez 3B Stanton RF Morrison 1B Petersen CF Buck C Coghlan LF Buehrle P
Phillies: Rollins SS Polanco 3B Pence RF Ruiz C Wigginton 1B Luna LF Mayberry CF Galvis 2B Kendrick P
The Fish are coming off a “franchise best” with 21 wins in a month, but June will definitelly will be different as they will face the Phillies, Red Sox, Rays, Blue Jays, Cards and Braves.
Last year, the Marlins lost a franchise record of 23 games. But, this year could be different as they have a much improved better ball club.
Fox Sports Florida will televise the ball game and it will be on the radio at MAJIC 102.7 and WAQI 7 (Spanish).