- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 1 day ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 4 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 5 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 6 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 7 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 7 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 7 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 7 days ago
Marlins fall to the Tigers
- Updated: March 7, 2012
Marlins starting pitcher, Alex Sanabia started off shaky giving up 3 runs in 6 hits in 1.1 innings, and that was all the Detroit Tigers needed to defeat the Marlins.
The fish didn’t have so much luck at batting today. In the first inning, a throwing error by Danny Worth led the marlins to their first and only run of the game. Jose Reyes went 0-3 in his spring training debut. Also, yesterday’s hero Gregg Dobbs went 0-2 with one strike out. The Marlins only had 5 hits in the hole game.
The bullpen was very solid. J. D. Martin had a great relief, pitching 2 2/3 innings with 4 struck outs. Brad Hand pitched 2 innings and struck out 3, one of those k’s was Prince Fielder. Omar Povedo and Sandy Rosario did there thing by not giving up hits in their relief. Both had 1 k’s in their outing. But we just didn’t have the offense to get the win.
Matt Dominguez left the game early because he was hit in the face with a baseball. Yeah the ball got a really bad hop, because you know that Dominguez is really good in defense. The guy is projected to be a golden glove winner. There were no broken bones, just a right eye contusion. Ozzie said that he will miss a few games.