- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 14 mins ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 20 hours ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 1 day ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 3 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 3 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 4 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 6 days ago
Marlins fall to the Pirates 4 – 3
- Updated: July 21, 2012
After losing two straight to the Chicago Cubs, the Marlins were looking to get back on track in Pittsburg.
Jose Reyes started off the game with a solo home run. Emilio Bonifacio hit a single to left and he would later steal second and third base. Carlos Lee would bring Bonifacio in with a groundball to the shortstop and the Marlins were winning 2 to 0.
The Pirates responded quickly as Garrett Jones hit a RBI single that scored Alex Presley. So after the first inning, the Marlins were still winning 2-1.
Later in the fourth, the Marlins would expand their lead to two runs with a sacrifice bunt by Ricky Nolasco that scored Infante.
Pedro Alvarez reduce the lead to one run with a solo homer in the bottom of the fourth.
Same inning, Rod Barajas doubles to left field and Clint Barmes would bring him in with a RBI single to center. The game was now tied at three.
The Pirates took the lead the next inning, when Neil Walker belted a solo bomb to right field.
The Marlins couldn’t manage to tie up the game as they fall to the Pirates 4 to 3.
Next Game: Miami looks to tie up the series when Carlos Zambrano takes the mound for the Fish as he faces A.J Burnett and the Pirates at PNC Park at 7:05 PM ET.