- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 3 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 5 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 5 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 6 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 6 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 7 days ago
Marlins fall to the D-Backs, Nolasco to take on Giants
- Updated: May 1, 2012
The Miami Marlins fell 9 to 5 in the finale against the Arizona Diamondbacks at Marlins Park. The Marlins are struggling, as now they are now 2 – 8.
Mark Buehrle had a poor start by allowing 4 runs on 8 hits with 3 strikeouts, 2 walks and gave up 2 homers in 5 innings on 94 pitches which 57 were strikes. He’s now 1-4 with an ERA of 3.34.
Recently called up Daniel Jennings made his major league debut in the 6th inning. He pitched a scoreless inning, but he walked one batter. Ryan Webb pitched scoreless innings. In the 9th, Heath Bell was supposed to keep the score close by having scoreless innings, instead he gives up 2 runs on 1 hit and a walk. His ERA is NOT good; it’s now at 10.80.
Donnie Murphy and Austin Kearns both hit their 2nd home runs of the season and both were 2 run- homers, but it wasn’t enough to beat the D-Backs as the Marlins fall 9-5 in front of 31,006 fans.
The Marlins travel to San Francisco to face the Giants.
The Marlins are set to take on the Giants at AT&T Park. First pitch is set at 10:15 PM ET. Ricky Nolasco will be the starting pitcher for the Fish. He is currently 2-0 with an ERA of 3.20. While the Giants will go with Matt Cain who is 1-1 with an ERA of 2.37.
In the last 5 years, Ricky Nolasco is 4-2 with an ERA of 1.61 with a WHIP of 0.94 and 34 strike outs against the Giants. As for Cain, he’s 3-2 with an ERA of 3.28 with a WHIP of 1.14 and 50 strikeouts
- Nolasco is 3-0 with a 0.76 ERA at AT&T Park.
- He also remains two wins shy of the Marlins’ wins record, held by Dontrelle Willis, who had 68.
The game will be televised on Fox Sports Florida, but if you can’t watch it, hear it on the radio at WAXY 790, WAQI 710 (Spanish).