- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 1 day ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 1 day ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 2 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 3 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 5 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 5 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 5 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 5 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 7 days ago
Marlins Facts: Rotation, September call-ups
- Updated: September 3, 2012
The Miami Marlins enter today with the seventh worst record in all of baseball this season.
- The Miami Marlins will go with six-man rotation:
Joe Frisaro of the MLB.com reports that the Miami Marlins will be going with a six-man rotation for the rest of the season.
Via Joe Frisaro’s blog: The decision was made to take a look at some of the young arms, as well as rest some of the veterans in a month where the club is partly evaluating which direction they will go in 2013.
Here’s how the rotation will go starting tomorrow. On Tuesday, Wade LeBlanc will get the ball. Nathan Eovaldi will start on Wednesday. Josh Johnson will be the starter for the series finale against the Brewers.
Jacob Turner will open the three game series at Washington. Mark Buehrle will pitch on Saturday and Ricky Nolasco on Sunday.
- Marlins’ September call-ups
Yesterday, the Miami Marlins announced that they called up Tom Koehler and Dan Jennings from triple-a.
Ozzie Guillen said that he doesn’t want to call up a lot of players, but basically they are already are on the big league team.