- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 10 hours ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 1 day ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 1 day ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 2 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 4 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 5 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/5-5/11Posted 6 days ago
- Coghlan is getting use to the pinch-hitter rolePosted 6 days ago
Marlins dismiss manager Ozzie Guillen after one season with the team
- Updated: October 24, 2012
The World Series hasn’t even started and the Marlins are already having a busy off season.
Three days ago, Miami traded Heath Bell to Arizona in a three-team trade. Now, today the Miami Marlins have fired manager Ozzie Guillen after ending in last place with a record of 69-93 in the NL East, in his first year managing the team.
“After careful consideration following the disappointment of the 2012 season, we decided to dismiss Ozzie.” ”Our managerial search begins immediately,”
“Our hope is that a new manager, along with roster improvements, will restore a winning culture.” - Larry Beinfest.
Guillen had three years and $7.5MM remaining on his contract with Miami. According to Joe Frisaro, Mike Redmond and Tim Wallach are potential manager candidates to keep an eye on. Also, bench coach Joey Cora, hitting coach Eduardo Perez and pitching coach Randy St. Claire have all been fired as well.