- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 1 day ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 2 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 3 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 5 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 5 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 6 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 6 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 7 days ago
LoMo Returns to the Lineup, Anibal Sanchez Set to Start
- Updated: March 14, 2012
A lot of news in yesterday’s Marlins vs. Braves game, which ended up as a tie at 2 in the 10th inning.
- Logan Morrison returned to the lineup yesterday. He had some soreness in his right knee and hadn’t played since March 6th. There was no need to rush him back to the lineup. Morrison played as the DH, he went 1-for-2 with a walk and an RBI double.
- Stanton, who was hit on the left wrist from Mets reliever Chris Schwinden on Sunday’s game, took batting practice before the game .[blackbirdpie url="https://twitter.com/#!/JoeFrisaro/status/179600385441402881"]
- Carlos Zambrano was the starter for the Fish in yesterday’s game. Big Z pitched 5 strike-outs in 4 innings with two hits, one walk, 1 run and with 49 pitches, there were 29 strikes.
- For the second time, Marlins’ skipper Ozzie Guillen argued a foul ball call that went down the first base line. The first base umpire signaled foul, but the home-plate umpire signaled fair. This time Ozzie Guillen was not ejected.
Next Game The Marlins travel to Port Charlotte to play against the Tampa Bay Rays.
Anibal Sanchez will make his first start this 2012 Spring Training. The right-hander had some soreness in his right shoulder on March 2nd, but is set to make this first start.
Here’s the Marlins starting lineup against the Rays: Mattison, CF; Murphy 2B; Ramirez 3B; Sanchez 1B; Kearns DH; Petersen LF; Rowand RF; Hayes C; Solano SS; A. Sanchez SP