- Series Preview: Marlins @ DiamondbacksPosted 1 day ago
- Revitalized Marlins offense win series against Cards at home.Posted 1 day ago
- Help Send Stanton to the Home Run DerbyPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs CardinalsPosted 5 days ago
- Marlins reinstate Giancarlo Stanton from DLPosted 8 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs BrewersPosted 8 days ago
- Marlins Minor League Player of the Week 6/2-6/8Posted 8 days ago
- LeBlanc designated for assignment; Edgar Olmos recalledPosted 15 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ PhilliesPosted 15 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/26-6/1Posted 15 days ago
Jose Ceda is Out Indefinitely With An Elbow Sprain
- Updated: March 28, 2012
The Miami Marlins lose to the Houston Astros 3 to 6 in Kissimmee, Fla today, but here’s some other news:
- Marlins beat writer for the Miami Herald reported that Marlins’ reliever Jose Ceda has an elbow sprain and could be out indefinitely. As Sun Sentinel’s Miami Marlins beat writer Juan Rodriguez tells us that a Tommy John surgery could be a possibility for Ceda.
Jose Ceda, 25, gave up 6 hits in 7.1 innings this spring. Also had an ERA of 1.23 with 8 struck outs and 2 walks in 5 games.
- The Marlins are shooting a commercial in their new ballpark:
Marlins third baseman Hanley Ramirez tweet a picture of him and Reyes today at Marlins Park saying that they are shooting a commercial.
- Emilio Bonifacio isn’t the only one who has a phrase. Edward Mujica has made his own “Sup Girl”!
Via Joe Frisaro’s Blog: “That’s my favorite phrase ever,” said Mujica, one of the fun-loving players in the clubhouse. ”Sup, how you doin’? The shirt is like baseball, and my favorite [saying]. I want to get everybody’s nickname, and make 18 more t-shirts.”
Mujica is waiting until the 25-man roster is set, so he can give out the t-shirts with the phrase and the nicknames.