- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 3 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 5 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 5 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 6 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 6 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 7 days ago
Johnson struck out nine; snaps losing streak
- Updated: July 24, 2012
Josh Johnson had an execlent outing that led the way to the victory versus the Atlanta Braves in front of 29.019 fans at Marlins Park.
Johnson struck out nine batters and only gave up a hit in six innings.
Johnson had to leave the game because of precautionary reasons due to a skin irritation on his right middle finger. He should be ready for his next start.
The Marlins were on the board early when Carlos Lee hit a RBI single to left, that scored Reyes in the first inning.
A inning later, Emilio Bonifacio belted his first home run of the season to left field.
The bullpen only gave up a run which was in the ninth inning.
The Marlins finally snap their five game losing streak as they defeated the Braves 2 to 1.
Next Game: Mark Buehrle will start for Miami on Tuesday as he faces Tim Hudson at Marlins Park at 7:10 PM ET.