- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 16 hours ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 1 day ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 2 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 2 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 4 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 5 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/5-5/11Posted 6 days ago
- Coghlan is getting use to the pinch-hitter rolePosted 7 days ago
JJ will make another attempt at getting his first win
- Updated: May 9, 2012
The Marlins’ winning streak finally came to an end with a 3-2 loss against the Houston Astros. They’re looking to win the series tonight in Houston as the first pitch is set at 8:05 PM ET at Minute Maid Park.
Josh Johnson (0-3), who had a terrible April, still looks to get his 1st win of the season. His last outing was unpleasant as he gave up six runs in the third inning in San Diego in a no-decision. He’ll face the RHP Lucas Harrell, and he is 2-2 with an ERA 4.76 this season. Harrell gave up 3 runs to the St. Louis Cardinals in 5 1/3 innings but managed to get the win.
Josh Johnson is 0-1 with a 5.23 ERA, a 1.45 WHIP and 4 strikeouts against the Astros for the last 5 years. This will be the 2nd time that Lucas Harrell will face the Marlins in his career.
- Giancarlo Stanton’s 10-game hitting streak ended yesterday after going 0 for 3.
- Emilio Bonifacio is 15-for-15 in stolen-base attempts this season
- Johnson is coming off the shortest start of his career by lasting only 2 2/3 innings.
The game will be televised on Fox Sports Florida, but if you can’t watch it, hear it on the radio at Majic 102.7, WAQI 710 (Spanish).