- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 3 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 3 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 5 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 6 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 6 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 6 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 7 days ago
Jacob Turner will make his Marlins debut on Wednesday
- Updated: August 21, 2012
Jacob Turner, who was recently acquired with Rob Brantly and Brian Flynn from the Detroit Tigers for Miami Marlins’ second baseman Omar Infante and starter Anibal Sanchez on July 23, will make his Marlins debut on game one of Wednesday’s doubleheader.
Turner, 21, is the best prospect the Miami Marlins have right now. He’s 2-0 in five games with an ERA of 1.98 with the New Orlean Zephyrs (Marlins’ triple-a).
In his entire career in the minors, he’s 17-14 with an ERA of 3.12 in 62 games started and also has struck out 285 batters.
Jacob Turner has only started six games in the majors with the Detroit Tigers and those numbers aren’t good. Turner is 1-2 with a ERA of 8.28 in the majors.
Despite those numbers, he will be good. If he pitches good on Wednesday, he’ll stay in the bigs.