- Marlins Drop Finale, Series vs. PhilliesPosted 1 day ago
- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 5 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 5 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 6 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 7 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 7 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 8 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 8 days ago
Injury Report: Omar Infante
- Updated: February 26, 2012
Miami Marlins second baseman Omar Infante is suffering from a tendinitis in his right triceps tendon. He began to feel it in December when he lifted weights in Venezuela.
“It doesn’t hurt when I throw or to hit, but after practice, my elbow starts to inflame again” Infante
Omar Infante, 30, batted 7 home runs with 49 RBI’s and with a batting average of .276 in 579 at bats with the Marlins. In 146 games played in 2011, Infante only made 8 errors. Infante came close to win the Golden Glove Award, but Red’s second baseman Brandon Phillips won the award. At the end of the 2011 season the Marlins and Omar Infante agreed to a two-year, $8 million extension.
Omar Infante is expected to be fine for spring training.