- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 11 hours ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 15 hours ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 1 day ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 2 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 4 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 4 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 5 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 5 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 6 days ago
Injury Report: Omar Infante
- Updated: April 21, 2012
Omar Infante, who has been out with a left strain groin, will miss the whole entire series in Washington and will try to return by Tuesday when the Marlins travel to New York to face the Mets. The only good news is that he could pinch hit on Saturday or possibly on Sunday.
This all started when he felt some cramps in his left groin in his last at-bat against the Houston Astros on April 13th. He would miss the following game, but returned for the next one and hit the first ever home run at Marlins Park . Two games later, he was scratched out of the lineup versus the Cubs and haven’t return since.
Infante has been hitting hot lately by hitting (13- for-39) with 4 home runs, 4 doubles and a triple with 6 RBI’s and a batting average of .333 in just 10 games played.
Donnie Murphy, who has played 2 games at 2nd base while Infante is gone, will play the entire series against the Washington Nationals.
2012 All-Star Game Ballot
Have you voted yet? The All-Star ballots are now open. You have the opportunity to vote 25 times for your favorite Marlin until June 28th at 11:59 ET when the voting ends. So what are you waiting for Click Here to vote for your favorite Marlin NOW!