- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 3 hours ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 13 hours ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 2 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 3 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 3 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 4 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 5 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 6 days ago
Finger pointing begins with Larry Beinfest
- Updated: September 1, 2012
Marlins president of baseball operations, Larry Beinfest, is under fire, again.
The Marlins were expected to be contenders instead they got use to living in last place.
In a season that had so many expectations with the new stadium, free agents, being highlighted in “The Franchise” in Showtime, the Marlins easily became the worst disappointment for any South Florida team coming into a new season.
Sport fans love to point the finger when we don’t get our way or if our team stinks. So where do Marlins fans begin to point the finger? We can look at the front office and the main figure we see is Beinfest.
Beinfest has his fingerprints on the current roster we see today and what it use to be in April. We appreciated the fact that the Marlins spent the money in order to sign the big time players. But where as that led us? We have no Hanley, Gaby, Anibal, Omar etc. But we do have Bell, a poor pitching staff, and an uncertain outfield.
But I am thankful for Jose Reyes. He has stayed healthy and should become a leader on and off the field.
Miguel Cabrera is a MVP candidate and one of the best in baseball, we got rid of him entering his prime. Josh Beckett has tasted champagne after he parted ways with the Marlins. Dan Uggla as much as his batting average is below what we want it to be, his defense and presence makes up for it.
Can we even remember what we got for these trades or even better if they are currently with the Marlins?
Yes, Beinfest has underperformed at his job and maybe needs to talk to Pat Reily on how to get the job done.
Is parting ways with him better, maybe. But with three years still in his contract that might difficult.
The fan base can’t blame EVERYTHING on Beinfest. We have to look at the players as well. They are the ones getting paid and are expected to do their job.
The team as a whole has let a lot of people down. The Marlins can’t get anyone in if they are in scoring position. The pitchers show signs of life but not in a consistent level.
Injuries also play a factor, Bonafacio and Morrison are needed in the lineup but instead they are in the DL.
We as fans shouldn’t crucified the men upstairs even though we have seen history repeat itself but also be upset at the professionals.
If you wear that uniform I expect you to perform and this season no on has. Forget about this season and let’s focus on next year.