- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 7 hours ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 11 hours ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 1 day ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 2 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 4 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 4 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 4 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 6 days ago
Colorado splits the series as Miami falls 3 to 2
- Updated: August 19, 2012
John Buck’s home run wasn’t enough to beat the Rockies as the Marlins fall 3 to 2 at Coors Field.
DENVER – Josh Johnson didn’t pitch at his best as he walked four batters and gave up three runs (all earned) in seven innings.
Emilio Bonifacio and Donnie Murphy both returned to lineup but they pretty much didn’t help the offense today as they were combined 1 for 7 with two strike outs and a walk.
Giancarlo Stanton didn’t hit a homer as that ends his streak at six consecutive games connecting a home run at Coors Field. All though John Buck belted a solo home run, he left a total of six runners on base.
Mike Dunn and Ryan Webb both were scoreless in their relief.
The Marlins failed to make a comeback as they fall to the Rockies three to two.
Next Game: Miami travels to Arizona to open a four game series (which includes a double header on Wednesday) against the D-Backs.