- Series Preview: Marlins @ DiamondbacksPosted 2 days ago
- Revitalized Marlins offense win series against Cards at home.Posted 2 days ago
- Help Send Stanton to the Home Run DerbyPosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs CardinalsPosted 5 days ago
- Marlins reinstate Giancarlo Stanton from DLPosted 9 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs BrewersPosted 9 days ago
- Marlins Minor League Player of the Week 6/2-6/8Posted 9 days ago
- LeBlanc designated for assignment; Edgar Olmos recalledPosted 16 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ PhilliesPosted 16 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/26-6/1Posted 16 days ago
BREAKING NEWS: Marlins trade Reyes, Johnson and others to Blue Jays
- Updated: November 14, 2012
News is surfacing that the Marlins are the verge of trading Jose Reyes and Josh Johnson to the Blue Jays.
The Marlins also would be trading John Buck, Mark Buehrle, and Emilio Bonifacio. They will be reportedly be receiving Yunel Escobar and Adeiny Hechavarria both of them are shortstops, and pitchers Henderson Alvarez and Justin Nicolino, catcher Jeff Mathis also traded to the Marlins.
This looks like a HUGE salary dump for the Marlins, now they better spend that money that they are dumping or fans will start to get frustrated with the team after for the past decades they have always been a low key team when it comes to spending money and they promised they would spend after opening the new ball park this past year. The trading of Buck, Reyes, Buehrle, JJ will save them about 163.75 million dollars. The payroll for the Marlins this years reportedly goes from 100 million to 16 million.
The Marlins have now traded a total of nine players since July of 2012, those players include Hanley Remirez, Randy Choate, Edward Mujica, Gaby Sanchez, Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, Mark Burhrle, John Buck, Emilio Bonifacio.