- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 7 hours ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 16 hours ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 2 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 3 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 3 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 3 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 3 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs RedsPosted 5 days ago
- Late rally wasn’t enough to beat Dodgers as Fish lose 5-3Posted 7 days ago
Big Z makes another attempt at getting elusive first win
- Updated: May 7, 2012
The Miami Marlins, who are undefeated in the month of May travel to Houston to take on the Astros.
First pitch is at 8:05 PM ET at Minute Maid Park. Carlos Zambrano (0-2) will head out to the mound for The Fish tonight. Big Z went seven shutout innings in his last outing but ended with the no-decision, so he will still be looking for his first win of the season. As for the Astros, Wandy Rodriguez will be given the ball to make his 7th start of the season. He won his last game which was against the Mets; he threw 7 innings allowing 1 run on 6 hits with 5 strikeouts and 2 walks.
Carlos Zambrano is 8-3 with an ERA of 2.91 and 79 strikeouts against the Houston Astros in the last 5 season. While in the 5 season against the Marlins, Wandy Rodriguez is 2-2 with and ERA of 2.29 and 34 strikeouts.
- The Marlins haven’t lost in the month of May.
- Giancarlo Stanton extended his hitting streak to nine-games.
- Carlos Zambrano is 16-8 with a 2.69 ERA in his career against the Astros.
- Carlos Lee is 26-for-70 (.371) with five homers and 16 RBI’s in his career against Zambrano.
The game will be televised on Fox Sports Florida, but if you can’t watch it, hear it on the radio at WAXY 790, WAQI 710 (Spanish).