- Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, MahoneyPosted 20 hours ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs PhilliesPosted 24 hours ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/12-5/18Posted 2 days ago
- Arizona blanks Fish 1-0Posted 2 days ago
- Jon Rauch Designated for AssignmentPosted 3 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs DiamondbacksPosted 4 days ago
- Jeff Mathis Officially Joins the Miami MarlinsPosted 4 days ago
- Jose Fernandez Provides a Reason to Watch a Losing TeamPosted 5 days ago
- Marlins shutout at homePosted 5 days ago
- A shaky 2nd inning for Nolasco cost Miami the gamePosted 6 days ago
Big changes for Marlins could happen
- Updated: September 21, 2012
According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, the Miami Marlins are planing to fire president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest and replace him with assistant GM and vice president of player personnel Dan Jennings.
Via USA Today: The Marlins are planning to fire president and team architect Larry Beinfest, perhaps as soon as next week, according to two high-ranking executives with knowledge of the move but not permitted to speak publicly because the final decision will be made by owner Jeffrey Loria.
Beinfest would be replaced by Dan Jennings, the Marlins assistant general manager and vice president of player personnel.
That doesn’t end there, Ozzie Guillen’s job is getting in big trouble. Guillien, who’s signed through 2015 could lose his job in his first year managing the Marlins.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that ex-Marlin Mike Lowell could be an option if the Marlins fire Ozzie Guillen.
Via Marlins.com: Nothing has been decided on the future of manager Ozzie Guillen — who is signed through 2015 – and, according to a source, the pros and cons of a change at manager already are being discussed. The Marlins, in considering a potential managerial change, have talked about ex-Marlin Mike Lowell as an option.
The 38-year-old Lowell has no professional managing or coaching experience, but he possesses plenty of leadership and knowledge of the game.
So pretty much, nobodies job is safe right now. We will have to wait see in the off-season if any changes will happen.