- Series Preview: Marlins @ DiamondbacksPosted 2 days ago
- Revitalized Marlins offense win series against Cards at home.Posted 2 days ago
- Help Send Stanton to the Home Run DerbyPosted 5 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs CardinalsPosted 5 days ago
- Marlins reinstate Giancarlo Stanton from DLPosted 9 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs BrewersPosted 9 days ago
- Marlins Minor League Player of the Week 6/2-6/8Posted 9 days ago
- LeBlanc designated for assignment; Edgar Olmos recalledPosted 16 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ PhilliesPosted 16 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/26-6/1Posted 16 days ago
Anibal Sanchez on mound as Marlins try to end losing streak
- Updated: April 28, 2012
The Marlins will try to end their 6 game losing streak as they face the Arizona Diamondbacks in Miami for the second time in this series.
First pitch is set at 7:10 PM ET at Marlins Park. Anibal Sanchez (1-0) will start for the Marlins tonight. In his last start, which was a no-decision against the Washington Nationals, he allowed 2 runs on 5 hits with 7 strikeouts in 7 inning. Arizona will go with the RHP Ian Kennedy, who is 3-0 with 22 strikeouts, 5 walks and has an ERA of 3.86 in 4 games in which he started.
In the last 5 years, Anibal Sanchez is 2-1 with an ERA of 5.04 with a WHIP of 1.28 and 25 strikeouts against the D-Backs. As for Ian Kennedy, he’s 2-1 with an ERA of 4.91 with a WHIP of 1.31 and 18 strikeouts in past 5 years against the Marlins.
Marlins: 1. Emilio Bonifacio 2B 2. Jose Reyes SS 3. Hanley Ramirez 3B 4. Logan Morrison LF 5. Gaby Sanchez 1B 6. Greg Dobbs RF 7. Brett Hayes C 8. Chris Coghlan CF 9. Anibal Sanchez P
D-Backs: 1. Willie Bloomquist SS 2. Gerardo Parra CF 3. Justin Upton RF 4. Jason Kubel LF 5. Miguel Montero C 6. Paul Goldschmidt 1B 7. Aaron Hill 2B 8. Ryan Roberts 3B 9. Ian Kennedy P
- Ozzie Guillen has flip-flop Jose Reyes and Emilio Bonifacio in batting order. It’s the first time since July 10, 2010 that Jose Reyes is batting second in lineup.
- Giancarlo Stanton will get the day off.
- Omar Infante will likely miss today’s and tomorrow’s game because he still feels pain in his left groin.
Final Prediction: Marlins beat the D-Backs 4 to 2.
The game will be televise on Fox Sports Florida and on the MLB Network, but if you can’t watch it, hear it on the radio at MAJIC 102.7, WAQI 710 (Spanish).